- A long series of ocean waves, generally produced by wind, and lasting after the wind has ceased.
- (music) A gradual crescendo followed by diminuendo.
- (music) A device for controlling the volume of a pipe organ.
- (music) A division in a pipe organ, usually the largest enclosed division.
verb (swells, swelling, swelled, swollen or swelled)
- German: Dí¼nung (?)
- (intransitive) To become bigger, especially due to being engorged.
adjective (i, nonstandard)
- Dutch: zwellen
- French: gonfler
- German: schwellen
- Italian: gonfiare
- Spanish: hincharse
- (informal) excellent, Excellent.
- French: super
- French, super, sensass
- German: klasse
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for swell for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.