- A period of calm or silence.
- (photography) A non-moving photograph. (The term is generally used only when it is necessary to distinguish from movies.)
- (slang) A resident of the Falkland Islands.
- to calm down, to quiet
adjective (er, more)
- Still that animal before it hurts someone.
- at the present time, as in the past.
- Is it raining?
- I"m not hungry, but I"ll manage to find room for dessert.
- to an even greater degree. (Used to modify comparative adjectives or adverbs.)
- Tom is tall; Dick is taller; Harry is taller.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for still for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of still