- The adult male of the red deer (Cervus elaphus), a large European species closely related to the American elk, or wapiti.
- The male of certain other species of large deer.
- A colt, or filly.
- A romping girl.
- A castrated bull; -- called also bull stag, and bull seg. See the Note under Ox.
- An outside irregular dealer in stocks, who is not a member of the exchange.
- One who applies for the allotment of shares in new projects, with a view to sell immediately at a premium, and not to hold the stock.
- The European wren.
- A social event held in honor of a groom on the eve of his wedding, attended by male friends of the groom, sometimes a fund-raiser.
- The stag will be held in the hotel's ballroom
:: My brother went stag to prom because he couldn't find a date.
- Of a man, attending a formal social function without a date.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for stag for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of stag