- The adult male of the red deer (Cervus elaphus), a large European species closely related to the American elk, or wapiti.
- The male of certain other species of large deer.
- A colt, or filly.
- A romping girl.
- A castrated bull; -- called also bull stag, and bull seg. See the Note under Ox.
- An outside irregular dealer in stocks, who is not a member of the exchange.
- One who applies for the allotment of shares in new projects, with a view to sell immediately at a premium, and not to hold the stock.
- The European wren.
- A social event held in honor of a groom on the eve of his wedding, attended by male friends of the groom, sometimes a fund-raiser.
#: The stag will be held in the hotel's ballroom
(social event): bachelor party (US), stag do (UK informal), stag party (UK)
trans-top|adult male red deer
Czech: jelen m
Polish: jeleÅ m, rogacz m
Russian: Ð±Ð»Ð°Ð³Ð¾ÑÐ¾Ð´Ð½ÑÐ¹ Ð¾Ð»ÐµÐ½Ñ (blagorÃ³dnyj olÃ©nâ) m, Ð½Ð°ÑÑÐ¾ÑÑÐ¸Ð¹ Ð¾Ð»ÐµÐ½Ñ (nastojÃ¡Å¡Äij olÃ©nâ) m
trans-top|adult male deer of other species
Russian: Ð¾Ð»ÐµÐ½Ñ (olÃ©nâ) m
trans-top|colt or filly
Polish: Åºrebak m, mÅoda klacz f
Polish: kastrat m
trans-top|irregular dealer in stocks
trans-top|one who applies for shares with a view to sell immediately at a premium
Finnish: pÃ¶rssikeinottelija, pÃ¶rssipeluri
Polish: strzyÅ¼yk m
trans-top|social event for a groom
Polish: wieczÃ³r kawalerski m
- To act as a "stag", an irregular dealer in stocks.
trans-top|act as an irregular dealer in stocks
- To watch; to dog, or keep track of.
trans-top|watch, keep track of
- Of a man, attending a formal social function without a date.
:: My brother went stag to prom because he couldn't find a date.
trans-top|of a man, attending a formal social function without a date
Finnish: seuralaiseton mies
bachelorette party, hen party