verb (spies, spying, spied)
- A person who secretly watches and examines the actions of other individuals or organizations and gathers information on them (usually to gain an advantage)
- (intransitive) To act as a spy.
- During the Cold War, Russia and America would each on each other for recon.
- (transitive) To spot at a distance.
- I think I can that hot guy coming over here.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for spy for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of spy