- A person who secretly watches and examines the actions of other individuals or organizations and gathers information on them (usually to gain an advantage)
verb (spies, spying, spied)
- Dutch: spion , spionne
- French: espion , espionne
- German: Spion
- Italian: spia
- Spanish: espía
- (intransitive) To act as a spy.
- During the Cold War, Russia and America would each on each other for recon.
- (transitive) To spot at a distance.
- I think I can that hot guy coming over here.
- Dutch: spioneren
- French: espionner
- German: ausspionieren
- Italian: spiare
- Spanish: espiar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for spy for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.