- A basin used for holding water for washing.
- (baseball) The motion of a sinker pitch.
verb (sinks, sinking, sank, sunk or sunken)
- Jones' has a two-seamer with heavy .
- (intransitive) To descend into a liquid or other substance or material.
- (transitive) To submerge (something) in a liquid or other substance or material.
- (transitive) To cause (a ship, etc) to sink.
- (transitive) To push (something) into something.
- The dog sank its teeth into the delivery man's leg.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sink for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of sink