- A basin used for holding water for washing.
- (baseball) The motion of a sinker pitch.
- Jones' has a two-seamer with heavy .
verb (sinks, sinking, sank, sunk or sunken)
- Dutch: gootsteen , afwasbak
- French: évier
- German: Waschbecken
- (intransitive) To descend into a liquid or other substance or material.
- (transitive) To submerge (something) in a liquid or other substance or material.
- (transitive) To cause (a ship, etc) to sink.
- (transitive) To push (something) into something.
- The dog sank its teeth into the delivery man's leg.
- Dutch: onderdompelen
- French: s'enfoncer
- German: sinken
- Italian: affondare
- Spanish: hundir
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sink for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.