- (countable) A play, dance, or other entertainment.
- (countable) An exhibition of items.
verb (shows, showing, showed or dialectic shew, shown)
- art show
- dog show
- (countable) A demonstration.
- show of force
- (countable) A broadcast program/programme.
- radio show
- television show
- (countable) A movie.
- Let's catch a show.
- (uncountable) mere display with no substance
- The dog sounds ferocious but it's all .
Etymology: sceawian, scÄawian, from West Germanic
- (transitive) To display, to have somebody see something.
- (transitive) To indicate (a fact) to be true; to demonstrate.
- skauwojanan. Cognate with Dutch schouwen and German schauen.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for show for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of show