verb (shops, shopping, shopped)
- An establishment that sells goods to the public.
- A place where things are crafted, a workshop.
- Workplace; office. Used mainly in expressions such as shop talk, closed shop and shop floor.
- Short for wood shop, a class taught typically in junior high school, teaching vocational skill. Also metal shop could be shortened this way
- (intransitive) To visit shops; to look around shops with the intention of buying something (I went shopping; he"s shopping for clothes).
- (transitive) To report the criminal activities or whereabouts of (a suspect) to the police.
- (context, transitive, Internet) Shorthand for photoshop; to digitally edit a picture or photograph.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for shop for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of shop