verb (ram, m, ed)
- A male sheep.
- (also battering ram) A heavy object used for breaking down doors.
- A warship intended to sink other ships by ramming them.
- A piston powered by hydraulic pressure.
- (transitive) To intentionally collide with (a ship) with the intention of damaging or sinking it.
- (transitive) To strike (something) hard, especially with an implement.
- After placing the cartridge in the musket, ram it down securely with the ramrod.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ram for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of ram