- A male sheep.
- (also battering ram) A heavy object used for breaking down doors.
- A warship intended to sink other ships by ramming them.
- A piston powered by hydraulic pressure.
verb (ram, m, ed)
- Dutch: ram(nl)m
- French: bélier(fr)m
- German: (1) Schafbock , (1) Widder , (1) Schafsbock , (2) Rammbock , (2) Sturmbock , (2) Ramme
- Italian: ariete
- (transitive) To intentionally collide with (a ship) with the intention of damaging or sinking it.
- (transitive) To strike (something) hard, especially with an implement.
- After placing the cartridge in the musket, ram it down securely with the ramrod.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ram for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.