- (nonstandard) A thing that prevents, hinders, or acts as an obstacle to.
- (nonstandard) A thing that slows the development of an illness.
- A contraceptive, especially a condom.
- prevent, Preventing, hindering, or acting as an obstacle to.
- Carried out to deter military aggression.
- slow, Slowing the development of an illness; prophylactic.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for preventive for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of preventive