- prevent|Preventing, hindering, or acting as an obstacle to.
- Carried out to deter military aggression.
- slow|Slowing the development of an illness; prophylactic.
- nonstandard A thing that prevents, hinders, or acts as an obstacle to.
- nonstandard A thing that slows the development of an illness.
- A contraceptive, especially a condom.
Preventive is in all senses synonymous with preventative. Many speakers prefer to use preventive in adjective senses and preventative in noun senses.<sup>1</sup>
- Feminine plural form of preventivo
Category:Italian adjective forms