verb (mends, mending, mended)
- A place, as in clothing, which has been repaired by mending.
- The act of mending.
- To repair, as anything that is torn, broken, defaced, decayed, or the like; to restore from partial decay, injury, or defacement; to patch up; to put in shape or order again; to re-create; as, to mend a garment or a machine.
- To alter for the better; to set right; to reform; hence, to quicken; as, to mend one's manners or pace.
- To help, to advance, to further; to add to.
- To grow better; to advance to a better state; to become improved.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for mend for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of mend