- A place, as in clothing, which has been repaired by mending.
- The act of mending.
on the mend
- To repair, as anything that is torn, broken, defaced, decayed, or the like; to restore from partial decay, injury, or defacement; to patch up; to put in shape or order again; to re-create; as, to mend a garment or a machine.
- To alter for the better; to set right; to reform; hence, to quicken; as, to mend one's manners or pace.
- To help, to advance, to further; to add to.
- To grow better; to advance to a better state; to become improved.
Finnish: kunnostaa, korjata, kohentaa, parantaa
trans-top|To alter for the better; to set right; to reform; hence, to quicken
trans-top|To help, to advance, to further; to add to
trans-top|To grow better; to advance to a better state; to become improved
Translations to be checked
ttbc|Hebrew: ×�×�×�×�×ª (l'É�á¸¥ot), ×�×ª×§×� (l'tÉ�ken), ×�×©×¤×¨ (l'shÉ�per)
Category:English ergative verbs