adjective (lush, er)
- (context, informal, pejorative) alcoholic
- dense, teeming with life (usually used to describe vegetation)
- 2006: Stefani Jackenthal, New York Times - "Some of the world's best rain forest and volcanic hiking can be found within the canopied Caribbean trail systems. Chock-full of waterfalls and hot springs, bright-colored birds and howling monkeys, flora-lined trails cut through thick, fragrant forests and up cloud-covered mountains."
- luxuriant, delicious (usually used to describe food)
- That meal was ! We have to go that restaurant again sometime!
- (context, UK, slang) beautiful, sexy
- (context, Wales, slang) amazing, cool, fantastic, wicked
- Your voice is , Lucy! I could listen to it all day!
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for lush for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of lush