- dense, teeming with life (usually used to describe vegetation)
#: 2006: Stefani Jackenthal, New York Times - "Some of the world's best rain forest and volcanic hiking can be found within the lush canopied Caribbean trail systems. Chock-full of waterfalls and hot springs, bright-colored birds and howling monkeys, flora-lined trails cut through thick, fragrant forests and up cloud-covered mountains."
- luxuriant, delicious (usually used to describe food)
#: That meal was lush! We have to go that restaurant again sometime!
- context|UK|slang beautiful, sexy
- context|Wales|slang amazing, cool, fantastic, wicked
#: Your voice is lush, Lucy! I could listen to it all day!
trans-top|dense, teeming with life
Czech: bujnÃ½ m
Finnish: rehevÃ¤, kukoistava
trans-top|amazing, cool, fantastic, wicked
- US context|informal|pejorative alcoholic