- (Christianity) Jesus
- An aristocratic title used as a form of address for a marquis, earl, or viscount; the usual style for a baron; a courtesy title for a younger son of a duke or marquis; a title for certain high officials and dignitaries such as Lord Mayor; a title for a bishop
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Lord for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Lord
- (context, Obsolete) The master of a household.
- A person having formal authority over others, a ruler.
- A person enjoying great respect in a community.
- lords of a profession
- An aristocrat, a man of high rank in a feudal society or in one that retains feudal forms and institutions.
- An owner, a master.
- A titled nobleman
- (context, familiar, dated) An affectionate term for one's boyfriend or husband.
Etymology: From hlaford, hlÄford, originally literally "loaf-guardian".
- (context, intransitive, lang=en) domineer, Domineer or act like a lord
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for lord for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of lord