- A light, brisk musical movement; a gigue.
- (context, fishing) A type of lure consisting of a hook molded into a weight, usually with a bright or colorful body.
- A device in manufacturing, woodworking, or other creative endeavors for controlling the location, path of movement, or both of either a workpiece or the tool that is operating upon it. Subsets of this general class include machining jigs, woodworking jigs, welders' jigs, jewelers' jigs, and many others.
verb (jig, g, ed)
- Cutting circles out of pinewood is best done with a compass-style jig.
- To move briskly, especially as a dance.
- (context, fishing) To fish with a jig.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for jig for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of jig