- A light, brisk musical movement; a gigue.
- context|fishing A type of lure consisting of a hook molded into a weight, usually with a bright or colorful body.
- A device in manufacturing, woodworking, or other creative endeavors for controlling the location, path of movement, or both of either a workpiece or the tool that is operating upon it. Subsets of this general class include machining jigs, woodworking jigs, welders' jigs, jewelers' jigs, and many others.
#:Cutting circles out of pinewood is best done with a compass-style jig.
French: gigue (1)
the jig is up
- To move briskly, especially as a dance.
- context|fishing To fish with a jig.
French: trÃ©mousser, sautiller