- grand unification theory, Grand unification theory.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for GUT for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of GUT
- The alimentary canal, especially the intestine,
- (informal) The abdomen of a person, especially one that is enlarged
verb (gut, t, ed)
- beer gut
- (uncountable) The intestines of an animal used to make strings of a tennis racket or violin, etc.
- (transitive) To eviscerate.
- (transitive) To remove or destroy the most important parts of.
- Congress gutted the welfare bill.
Etymology: Originally in plural, from guttas, probably related to geotan, ÄÄotan, to pour
- Made of gut, e.g., a violin with gut strings
- instinctive, Instinctive, e.g., a gut reaction
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for gut for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of gut