verb (coaches, coaching, coached)
- A wheeled vehicle, generally drawn by horse power.
- (rail) A railroad car drawn by a locomotive.
- A trainer or instructor.
- A single decked long-distance, or privately hired bus.
- (nautical) The forward part of the cabin space under the poop deck of a sailing ship; the fore-cabin under the quarter deck.
- (sports) To train.
- To instruct.
Etymology: From (term, coche, lang=fr), from Kutsche, from (Hung.) (term, kocsi, lang=hu). According to historians the coach was named after the small Hungarian town Kocs, which made a livelihood from cart building and transport between Vienna and Budapest.
- She has coached many opera stars.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for coach for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of coach