- A moderate but penetrating sense of cold.
- There was a in the air.
- A sudden numbing fear or dread.
- Despite the heat, he felt a as he entered the crimescene.
- (transitive) To lower the temperature of something; to cool.
- Chill before serving.
- (context, transitive, metallurgy) To harden a metal surface by sudden cooling.
- (intransitive) To become cold.
- In the wind he chilled quickly.
- (context, intransitive, metallurgy) To become hard by rapid cooling.
- (intransitive) To relax, lay back.
- Chill, man, we've got a whole week to do it; no sense in getting worked up.
- (intransitive) To smoke marijuana.
- On Friday night do you wanna chill?
- Moderately cold or chilly.
- A wind was blowing down the street.
- (slang) calm, Calm, relaxed.
- I'm pretty most of the time.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for chill for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of chill