- A hardened block of mud, clay, etc, used for building.
- This house is made of bricks.
- (uncountable) Considered collectively, as a building material.
- This house is made of .
- (basketball) A shot which misses, particularly one which bounces directly out of the basket.
- We can't win if we keep throwing up bricks from three-point land.
- Term of endearment, especially towards a subject who has performed a favour of an act of kindness without expectation of reciprocity.
- Thanks for helping me wash the car. You're a .
- (slang) An electronic device, especially a heavy box-shaped one, that has been rendered non-functional and, usually, non-repairable.
- (colloquial) a mobile phone, especially one that is large and/or heavy relative to current models
- (colloquial) An external power supply consisting of a small box with an integral male power plug and an attached electric cord terminating in a power plug. A power brick.
- (slang) To hit someone using a brick.
- (rfv-sense) (slang) To be a high state of anxiety: "Bricking it"
- (rfv-sense) (slang) To make an electronic device nonfunctional and usually unrepareable, resulting in a device with a utility on par with a masonry brick.
- My VCR was bricked during the lightning storm.
- Made of brick.
- All that was left after the fire was the chimney.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for brick for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of brick