verb (breeds, breeding, bred)
- All animals or plants of the same species or subspecies eg. a breed of tulip, a breed of animal.
- A race or lineage.
- To sexually produce offspring.
- Of animals, to mate.
- To keep animals and have them reproduce in a way that improves the next generation"s qualities.
- To arrange the mating of specific animals.
- She wanted to her cow to the neighbor's registered bull.
- To propagate or grow plants trying to give them certain qualities.
- He tries to blue roses.
- To make sure that one's young grow up to adulthood.
- To yield or result in.
- Disaster breeds famine.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for breed for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of breed