- A device filled with explosives used for destroying things.
- (slang): A failure; an unpopular commercial product.
- ''That movie was a .
- (AU, US, colloquial, vehicles) A car in poor condition. Used often as old bomb.
- (transitive) To attack something by using one or more bombs; to bombard.
- (slang) To fail spectacularly.
Etymology: From Ancient Greek (bombos) "booming, humming, buzzing" (imitative of the sound itself), also from Latin bombus meaning: a booming sound.
- Despite all the marketing, our product bombed. Nobody would buy it.
- Dunce cap bombed his examination yet again.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bomb for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of bomb