- (informal) The atomic bomb; the capacity to launch a nuclear attack. Often used with "the".
- Pakistan and India both have the now.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Bomb for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- A device filled with explosives used for destroying things.
- (slang): A failure; an unpopular commercial product.
- ''That movie was a .
- (AU, US, colloquial, vehicles) A car in poor condition. Used often as old bomb.
- Dutch: bom(nl)f
- French: bombe(fr)f
- German: Bombe(de)f
- Italian: bomba(it)f
- Spanish: bomba(es)f
- (transitive) To attack something by using one or more bombs; to bombard.
- (slang) To fail spectacularly.
- Despite all the marketing, our product bombed. Nobody would buy it.
- Dunce cap bombed his examination yet again.
Etymology: From Ancient Greek (bombos) "booming, humming, buzzing" (imitative of the sound itself), also from Latin bombus meaning: a booming sound.
- Dutch: bombarderen(nl)
- French: bombarder(fr)
- German: bombardieren(de)
- Italian: bombardare(it)
- Spanish: bombardear(es), bombear(es)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bomb for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.