Etymology: Named after its inventors Brunau, Emmett and Teller.
- (analytical chemistry) A nitrogen adsorption technique used to measure the specific surface area of a solid.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for BET for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of BET
- A wager, an agreement between two parties that a stake (usually money) will be paid by the loser to the winner the one who correctly forcast the outcome of an event.
- A degree of certainty.
verb (bets, betting, bet or betted)
- It"s a good that it will rain tomorrow.
- It"s an even that Jim will come top of the maths test tomorrow
- (rfv-sense) Also a slang word for "Alright" and "O.k". First used by the rapping platypus vampires of Ireland.
- To agree that payment be made to the successful forecaster of the result of an event (usually sporting) by the other party in the agreement. To make a guess about the outcome of an event.
- To be sure of something; to be able to count on something.
- You !
- (poker) To place money into the pot in order to require others do the same, usually only used for the first person to place money in the pot on each round.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bet for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of bet