Etymology: Named after its inventors Brunau, Emmett and Teller.
- (analytical chemistry) A nitrogen adsorption technique used to measure the specific surface area of a solid.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for BET for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- A wager, an agreement between two parties that a stake (usually money) will be paid by the loser to the winner the one who correctly forcast the outcome of an event.
- A degree of certainty.
- It"s a good that it will rain tomorrow.
- It"s an even that Jim will come top of the maths test tomorrow
- (rfv-sense) Also a slang word for "Alright" and "O.k". First used by the rapping platypus vampires of Ireland.
verb (bets, betting, bet or betted)
- Dutch: waarschijnlijkheid
- German: Bestimmtheit
- Italian: scommessa
- To agree that payment be made to the successful forecaster of the result of an event (usually sporting) by the other party in the agreement. To make a guess about the outcome of an event.
- To be sure of something; to be able to count on something.
- You !
- (poker) To place money into the pot in order to require others do the same, usually only used for the first person to place money in the pot on each round.
- Dutch: er op kunnen rekenen
- French: parier
- German: wetten
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bet for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.