- A long, narrow container, open on top, for feeding or watering animals.
- One of Hank's chores was to slop the pigs' each morning and evening.
- Any similarly shaped container.
- Ernest threw his paint brushes into a kind of he had fashioned from sheet metal that he kept in the sink.
- (Canadian) A gutter under the eaves of a building; eaves trough.
- The troughs were filled with leaves and needed cleaning.
- A short, narrow canal designed to hold water until it drains or evaporates.
- There was a small that the sump pump emptied into; it was filled with mosquito larvae.
- A long, narrow depression between waves or ridges.
- The buoy bobbed between the crests and troughs of the waves moving across the bay.
- The neurologist pointed to a troubling in the patter of his brain-waves.
- (meteorology) A linear atmospheric depression associated with a weather front.
- In Australia and New Zealand, a trough may refer to a rectangular container used for washing clothing, clothes, a channel for conveying water or other farm liquids (such as milk) from place to place by gravity, or any general 'U' or 'V' shaped channel conveying water for irrigation purposes.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for trough for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of trough