- A long, narrow container, open on top, for feeding or watering animals.
- One of Hank's chores was to slop the pigs' each morning and evening.
- Any similarly shaped container.
- Ernest threw his paint brushes into a kind of he had fashioned from sheet metal that he kept in the sink.
- (Canadian) A gutter under the eaves of a building; eaves trough.
- The troughs were filled with leaves and needed cleaning.
- A short, narrow canal designed to hold water until it drains or evaporates.
- There was a small that the sump pump emptied into; it was filled with mosquito larvae.
- A long, narrow depression between waves or ridges.
- The buoy bobbed between the crests and troughs of the waves moving across the bay.
- The neurologist pointed to a troubling in the patter of his brain-waves.
- (meteorology) A linear atmospheric depression associated with a weather front.
- In Australia and New Zealand, a trough may refer to a rectangular container used for washing clothing, clothes, a channel for conveying water or other farm liquids (such as milk) from place to place by gravity, or any general 'U' or 'V' shaped channel conveying water for irrigation purposes.
- Italian: trogolo
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for trough for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.