- A material made of fibers, a textile or cloth.
- The texture of a cloth.
the smooth of an oriental silk cloth
The internet is a of computers connected by routers
- A framework or structure
the of our lives
- A flat, rectangular piece of rock or stone used for paving or roofing.
- One of several types of rock easily split and suitable for making flagstones.
- The process of forming into a leaf or leaves.
- The manner in which the young leaves are disposed within the bud.
- The act of beating a metal into a thin plate, leaf, foil, or lamina.
- The act of coating with an amalgam of tin foil and quicksilver, as in making looking-glasses.
- The enrichment of an opening by means of foils, arranged in trefoils, quatrefoils, etc.; also, one of the ornaments.
- The property, possessed by some crystalline rocks, of dividing into plates or slabs, which is due to the cleavage structure of one of the constituents, as mica or hornblende. It may sometimes include slaty structure or cleavage, though the latter is usually independent of any mineral constituent, and transverse to the bedding, it having been produced by pressure.
(topology) A set of submanifolds of a given manifold, each of which is of lower dimension than it, but which, taken together, are coextensive with it.