- That which belongs to something else deemed the principal; something additional and subordinate, an attachment
- the accessories of a mobile phone
- The aspect and accessories of a den of banditti. - w:Thomas Carlyle
- (context, Clothing) An article that completes one's basic outfit, such as a scarf or gloves.
- (context, Law) One who, not being present, contributes as an assistant or instigator to the commission of an offense.
- accessory before the fact
- accessory after the fact
- (Fine Arts): Anything that enters into a work of art without being indispensably necessary, as mere ornamental parts. - w:James Elmes
- Having a secondary, supplementary or subordinate function by accompanying as a subordinate; aiding in a secondary way; being additional; being connected as an incident or subordinate to a principal; contributing or being contributory. Said of persons and things, and, when of persons, usually in a bad sense; as, he was accessory to the riot; accessory sounds in music.
- (context, Law) assist, Assisting a crime without actually participating in committing the crime itself.
verb (agglomerates, agglomerating, agglomerated)
- A collection or mass.
- (geology) A mass of angular volcanic fragments united by heat; distinguished from conglomerate.
- To wind or collect into a ball; hence, to gather into a mass or anything like a mass.
- collect, Collected into a ball, heap, or mass.
- (aeronautics) the downward slope of an aircraft"s wing