verb to macule
- A spot.
- A blur, or an appearance of a double impression, as when the paper slips a little.
- (printing) To blur; especially to blur or double an impression from type.
- Image etc, having only one colour with detail represented by differing hues and tints. Eg, A black and white television.
- (pathology) A disorder of the vision where distant objects appear blurred because the eye focuses their images in front of the retina instead of on it. Also called shortsightedness, nearsightedness.
- A lack of imagination, discernment or long-range perspective in thinking or planning.
- shortsighted; improvident
- narrow minded