- A door-like structure outside a house.
- doorway, Doorway, opening, or passage in a fence or wall.
- Movable barrier.
verb (gates, gating, gated)
- The <B>gate</B> in front of the railroad crossing went up after the train had passed.
- (computing) A logical pathway made up of switches which turn on or off. Examples are and, or, nand etc.
- (cricket) The gap between a batsman's bat and pad.
- The amount of money made by selling tickets to a concert or a sports event.
- To keep something inside by means of a closed gate.
- To ground someone.