- Any of the four species of small spined monotremes, also known as a spiny anteaters, found in Australia and southern New Guinea.
- A Greek myth
- A species of large South African antelope (Oreas canna). It is valued both for its hide and flesh.
- any of several small, insectivorous long-nosed mammals, of the order Macroscelidea, native to Africa
- (US, Canada) The common wapiti (Cervus canadensis); the second largest member of the deer family, smaller only than a moose. Elk never have flat antlers (like moose do.)
- The largest member of the deer family (Alces alces); a moose.
- A weasel, Mustela erminea, found in northern latitudes; its dark brown fur turns white in winter (apart from the black tip of the tail)
- The white fur of this animal
- (poetic) A symbol of purity
- (figuratively) The office of a judge
- (heraldry) A white field with black spots
- To clothe with ermine
- belonging or pertaining to the group Eutheria, comprising the placental mammals.
- a eutherian animal.