- (statistics) The measure of central tendency of a set of values computed by ordering the values and taking the value at position ( + 1) / 2 when is odd or the arithmetic mean of the values at positions / 2 and ( / 2) + 1 when is even.
- The area separating two lanes of opposite-direction traffic in the United States. This area is often covered with vegetation, but also may be covered in concrete and possess traffic accident safety devices such as guardrails.
- (anatomy) The middlemost marquee of the body that divides the subject in a symmetrical fashion, such as a 'median sagittal section', which divides the body symmetrically on a vertical plane, as opposed to a 'parasagittal section', which is a vertical cross section that does not divide on a parallel symmetrical alignment.
- Having the median as its value.
noun (plural middlemen)
- an intermediary between two party, parties
- a dealer, an intermediate between the manufacturer and the retailer or customer