- the part of body connecting the head and the trunk found in humans and some animals
- the part of a shirt, dress, etc., which fits a person's .
- the tapered part of a bottle toward the opening
(music) the extension of any stringed instrument on which a fingerboard is mounted
- To make out; to snog; to intently kiss or cuddle.
''Alan and Betty were necking in the back of a car when Betty's dad caught them.
- A bundle of neurons with their connective tissue sheaths, blood vessels, and lymphatics.
(context, nonstandard, colloquial) A neuron.
- courage, Courage.
- patience, Patience.
- stamina, Stamina.
- audacity, Audacity.
verb (nerv, es)
He had the nerve to enter my house uninvited.
(in plural) agitation, Agitation caused by fear, stress, or other negative emotion.
- To give courage, sometimes with "up".
- May their example us to face the enemy.
- The liquor nerved up several of the men.