- one of the two main US political parties
- A revolutionist; a person who revolts.
- Of or pertaining to a revolution in government; tending to, or promoting, revolution; as, revolutionary war; revolutionary measures; revolutionary agitators.
(advertising) pertaining to something that portends of great change; overthrowing a standing mindset
(sciences) pertaining to something that revolves
- A monarchist (supporter of monarchy) or supporter of a particular royal regime.
- Can carry the connotation of a legitimist, a supporter of a particular royal line, especially one in danger of being dispossessed of a throne or actually dispossessed of such, and claiming to have the better claim to the throne on the basis of line of descent.
- a Cavalier, a supporter of King Charles I of England during the English Civil War
- a supporter of the House of Bourbon, in France since the 18th century and especially during the French Revolution
- a supporter of Ferdinand VII of Spain in Spanish South America during the South American Wars of Independence of the 1810s and 1820s.