- (uncountable) Written letters or symbols that express some meaning.
- (uncountable) Something written, such as a document, article or book.
- (uncountable) The process of representing a language with symbols or letters.
- (countable) A work of an author.
- (countable) The style of writing of a person.
- I can't read your .
- (italbrac, as a modifier) Intended for or used in writing.
- a table
- Dutch: schrijf-
- French: Å�uvre
- German: Schrift-
- Italian: scrittura
(trans-top, made for or used in writing)
- (present participle of, write)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for writing for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.