verb (wrings, wringing, wrang or wrung, wrung)
- To squeeze or twist tightly so that liquid is forced out.
Translations: Etymology: wringan
- You must your wet jeans before hanging them out to dry.
- To force out liquid by squeezing or twisting tightly.
- Hold on a minute! I need to the water from my bikini.
- To obtain by force.
- The police said they would the truth out of that heinous criminal.
- To hold tightly and press or twist.
- Some of the patients waiting in the dentist's office were wringing their hands nervously.
- He said he'd my neck if I told his girl friend.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for wring for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.