- A unit of three dimensional measure of space that comprises a length, a width and a height. It is measured in units of cubic centimeters in metric, cubic inches or cubic feet in English measurement. (The room is 9x12x8, so its is 864 cubic feet.)
- Strength of sound. Measured in decibels. (Please turn down the on the stereo.)
- The issues of a periodical over a period of one year. (I looked at this week's copy of the magazine. It was 23, issue 45.)
- A single book of a publication issued in multi-book format, such as an encyclopedia. (The letter "G" was found in 4.)
- A synonym for quantity. (The of ticket sales decreased this week.)
Etymology: From French, volume.
- Dutch: volume
- French: volume
- German: Band
- Italian: volume
- Spanish: volumen
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for volume for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.