- An opening through which gases, especially air, can pass.
- The opening of a volcano from which lava flows.
- A verbalized frustration.
- The excretory opening of lower orders of vertebrates.
- A slit in the seam of a garment.
- German: Ausbruchkanal
- Spanish: cloaca , ano
(trans-top, A slit in the seam of a garment)
- (intransitive) To allow gases to escape.
- The stove vents to the outside.
- (transitive) To allow to escape through a vent.
- Exhaust is vented to the outside.
- (context, transitive, intransitive) To express.
- He vents his anger violently.
- German: ablassen
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for vent for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.