- (transitive) To say
- Don't you another word!
- (transitive) To use the voice
- Sally uttered a sigh of relief.
- (transitive) To make speech sounds which may or may not have an actual language involved
- Sally is uttering some fairly strange things in her illness.
- (transitive) To make (a noise)
- Sally's car uttered a hideous shriek when she applied the brakes.
- German: ausstoíčen
- absolute, unconditional
- This is nonsense!
- weird, strange
- German: ví¶llig
- Spanish: total, completo
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for utter for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.