- unanswered, Unanswered; not returned; not reciprocated; not repaid.
- 1820, w:Sir_Walter_Scott, Sir Walter Scott, The Monastery, ch. 20,
- :I stand on the privilege of a free Scotchman, and will brook no insult unreturned, and no injury .
- 1872, w:Mark_Twain, Mark Twain, Roughing It, ch. 61,
- :One of my comrades there"another of those victims of eighteen years of toil and blighted hopes"was one of the gentlest spirits that ever bore its patient cross in a weary exile.
- 1912, w:Eleanor_H._Porter, Eleanor H. Porter, Miss Billy's Decision, ch. 27,
- :To her mind, a girl who would tell of the love of a man for herself, was unspeakably base.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for unrequited for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.