noun the united, United states, States
- (singular) (form of, shortened form, the United States of America)
- (plural) The states of the United States of America.
- (Military) Includes the land area, internal waters, territorial sea, and airspace of the United States, including the following:
- US territories, possessions, and commonwealths; and
- Other areas over which the US Government has complete jurisdiction and control or has exclusive authority or defense responsibility
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for United States for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.