verb (undulat, ing)
- (transitive) To cause to move in a wavelike motion.
- (transitive) To cause to resemble a wave
- (intransitive) To move in wavelike motions.
- (intransitive) To appear wavelike.
- wavy, Wavy in appearance or form.
- Changing the pitch and volume of one's voice.
Etymology: From the unda "wave" via Middle and Late Latin.
- (botany, of a margin) wind, Winding up and down gradually relative to the blade.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for undulate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.