- To fail to interest; usually used in response to something that was presented as exciting.
- The dinosaur island in Crystal Palace Park is underwhelming.
- 1990: (cite news, url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/longterm/movies/videos/quickchangerkempley_a0a022.htm, author=Rita Kempley, first=Rita, last=Kempley, title="Quick Change" (R), work=w:The Washington Post, The Washington Post, publisher=w:The Washington Post Company, The Washington Post Company, date=1990-07-13, accessdate=2007-06-12)
- : Davis, plush as ever, is a little whiny and as Murray's girlfriend, who spends much of her time nurturing Quaid, doing his familiar sweet-natured lummox.
- 2005: (cite news, url=http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/17/books/17wood.html?ex=1281931200&en=7c5d5a8251c17b0e&ei=5090, author=Edward Wyatt, first=Edward, last=Wyatt, title=Sales Lag for Book on Deep Throat, work=w:The New York Times, The New York Times, publisher=w:The New York Times Company, The New York Times Company, date=2005-08-17, accessdate=2007-06-12)
- : But in Washington and just about everywhere else, sales of "The Secret Man," Bob Woodward's story of the source known as Deep Throat, have been .
- French: décevant
- German: enttí¤uschend
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for underwhelming for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.