proper noun (wikipedia, London Underground)
- The London Underground.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Underground for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- An underground railway.
- (with the) A movement or organisation of people who resist political convention.
- (with the) A movement or organisation of people who resist artistic convention.
- French: l'underground , mouvement d'avant-garde
- German: Untergrundorganisation
- Italian: l'underground
- Spanish: movimiento clandestino
- (not comparable) Below the ground; below the surface of the Earth.
- There is an tunnel that takes you across the river.
- Hidden, furtive, secretive.
- These criminals operate through an network.
- Of music, art, etc, outside the mainstream.
- Dutch: ondergronds
- French: underground m, f and plural
- German: Untergrund-
- Italian: sotterraneo , sotterranea
- Spanish: subterrí¡neo , subterrí¡nea
(trans-top, hidden, furtive)
- Below the ground.
- The tunnel goes at this point.
Etymology: under + ground
- French: sous terre, sous la terre
- German: unter der Erde, unterirdisch
- Italian: sottoterra
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for underground for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.